Sunday, October 25, 2009

San Francisco and Home Renovations!

I was fortunate enough to go with my Mom and sister Pam on a 5 day road trip to San Francisco last week. We had the best time. It is a very very long drive but we had alot of fun. We stayed in Winemucca, NV the first night and then drove in to San Fran the next day. You drive up over Donner Pass and I always love to stop and remember the sacrifices that were made by the early pioneers. Such treacherous times and weather. What sacrifices they made. We stayed with my brother and his wife Robin in Walnut Creek. It was so fun. We spent a day in San Francisco, ate at Bubba Gumps on the wharf, Pier 39, shopped at all the tourist stores, and bought treats at Boudin Bakery. (Sourdough Bread). The next day we went to Napa Valley. You would think you were in Italy. The grapes growing are so beautiful. We went to Sonoma and visited a couple of winerys. They have delicous deli foods and olive oils. We went to the Culinary Arts Institute and attended a cooking class. It was fun. It was a great day. Doug treated us to Japenese food- squid, edommome (sp), such delights. We had Chinese food, Pizza from an authentic Italian Pizzaria. It was lots of fun. And then the long ride home.....
I did miss the Annual Pumpkin Patch trip and I felt bad about that. Always fun.
We have worked our hearts out at the A.F. house. Thanks to Kyle and Amy and Krista and Velma, Scott and I got the front room floor done. We brought the real wood floor back to life. It is beautiful!!! We painted the kitchen and the bathroom. We hung new blinds on lots of windows. It is really shaping up. Thanks to all for the help. We ended the weekend with a fun family Halloween Party at Nanny Barts. What a treat. We missed Tara and Kurt and family but understand the need to keep Jenna healthy. She is doing great. Tara is probably a little house crazy by now.

6 comments:

Sharon said...

Oh so fun! Glad you got to go and have a break from hard work. Renovation never ends... HANG IN THERE!

Tana said...

I am so jealous you went to San Francisco. We made a quick trip there, and by quick I mean like 2 hours. I have wanted to go back ever since. Thank you so much for your sweet comment. Next time we are up that way we may just drop into that back yard of yours. I want to see this house you are working so hard on. I'm sure it will turn out fabulous. I'm so glad that we are able to keep in touch with each other and our lives, even if it is through blogs, we'll take what we can get right???
Love Love,
Tan

Katelyn said...

Thanks for the comments mom.. LOVE YA!!! Don't worry the pic is nothing bad I just like it, just shows how some people will risk everything for something! In a good way :)

Meesh said...

Wow! It sound like a lot of hard work but I am sure that it will be awesome. I can't believe you left good old Salina too. I miss you guys. I hope you are happy in American Fork and wish you the best. Hope to see you soon.
Luv,
MiShele

Amy Rosquist said...

Welcome home, mom. We missed you at the patch.

LuDene Barton said...

Deb, our trip to S. F. was great fun , thanks go going and for the memories, it was great. I am truly blessed with a good family, I appreciate your husbands being so willing to share you girls, I couldn't do the things I do if it wasn't for you girls. Love Mom