Friday, August 14, 2009

NEW JOB! NEW LOCATION!

Well-- I have been saying for some time that we are moving to American Fork. Scott currently teaches at UVU and I still am working in Richfield. Finally-! I can say he has a new job with Rio Tinto as a Manager. It is an awesome job and one that he has worked very hard to get. I am very proud of him. He is so excited to start and that will happen Monday (17th). They offer an unbelievable relocation package and we are so fortunate to get that. They will help sell our house and they actually buy it from us if it doesn't sell in 90 days. Lucky!! They pay all relocation costs and then some. We are working hard to get our house ready to sell and then we are fixing up the house we are moving into. We are changing it from carpet to all hard wood floors. Lots of work. The new job is incredible but of course it comes at the cost of leaving good old Salina behind. That isn't so big a problem, but leaving the family and friends behind is of course the big deal. We moved here in April of 1982. At least we know the road both ways. I plan to stay, once the house sells or is taken over by Rio Tinto. I will stay mostly with Tara as she will be having her new baby. She may need some help. Hopefully I can help and she won't put me out with the dog. At some point I will need to quit my job and complete the move to A.F. It will be one of the hardest things I do (leave my girls and grandkids and families and also my job (family). I have worked at the clinics since before I was pregnant with Ryan. I have much to be grateful for and feel very blessed to have it all come together for us now. It seems like it has been a long time coming but we are grateful. Luckily Ryan will go with us as he starts his Senior year at UVU and luckily Katelyn lives in North Orem. That helps alot. Here's to New Beginnings!

8 comments:

Sharon said...

AWESOME CONGRATS! And a moving pkg. that's even better! Although you'll find out it comes with a little stress when it comes to saling your house. My advice, DO ESCROW ANY MONEY AFTER SALE FOR REPAIRS. In La it took us 18 months to get it back. Then they ended up using more of it for unintended repairs. WHAT A NIGHTMARE! Hope it goes well for you. Oh We are so HAPPY FOR SCOTT, and YES you so deserve this. BEST OF LUCK!

Sharon said...

I LEFT OUT THE "NOT" how do I do that.... DO NOT ESCROW !!

Amy Rosquist said...

Oh its sad to see you guys packing the house up. We are so happy for dad though. Hopefully you guys will end up here to retire. Until then, we will visit!

Kurt and Tara Heath said...

Cant wait for you to move in Roomie:) It will be sad to see you leave- but you will be happier! We are so happy for dad- he is so happy right now:) There is always somewhere for you to come back and stay..even if it is with Roy- his house is actually nicer than most! We love you and wish you the best always!

Adam and Dev said...

Good luck moving! Salina will miss you :)

Meesh said...

OMG!!! Congratulations to Scott. That is so awesome. I know what it is like to pack up those bags after all those years in Salina. I hope everything works out for the best for you guys. If anyone deserves it you do. You have always been such an asset to the community and you have such an amazing family. Here's to onward and upward :) Miss you guys. Keep in touch.
MiShele and Larry
misheleshaheen@yahoo.com

Mindy said...

Congrats!! Things worked out pretty dang well.....it's about time huh? I am happy for you guys!!!

Brasher family said...

Deby, I just wanted to say thank you SO much for the sweet comment you left on my blog. Seriously, that was so nice!

It's funny, I had the same reaction to that song. I love it and have been meaning to put together a slide show of Ava's pictures to it.

It's really fun to keep up with your girls, via their blogs. Now I know you have a blog too! Lacy and I got to see Krista last time we were in town, and it was a blast!

Anyway, thanks again. Your comment was so sweet!